tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I have the same complaints, but those are mainly x cars which are cars I personally don't care about, nor are they part of the core BMW brand or were never made in Germany. They are specially made for the North American market. Moving the whole 3 series to Mexico for the North American market is a massive change in BMW that effects a wide range of people and is a major shift in the company. We pay a premium for BMW, and part of the value (for me anyway) in part with the extra dollars is know it was outsourced or made by the lowest bidder "over seas". In the end some will continue to buy BMWs, but by the time I'm ready to replace my F80 if the current M3 is made in Mexico when I'm ready to add buy another I'll simply move on to a different brand.
You keep saying things like this. BMW has made no statement that all North American 3er production will come from this Mexican plant. To do that they would have to ship virtually 100% of the stated capacity to the U.S., leaving no capacity to be sold in other markets. Additional X3 production is slated to move to Rosslyn, SA. By default the implication is that Mexico 3er production will replace South Africa production. Regular 3er production and ///M3, ///M4 production does not take place on the same assembly line and there is no indication BMWAG would move any of that limited production to this new plant.

While the original X3 was not produced in Germany it was produced in Europe, in Austria.

Regarding X models being "specially made for the North American market", apparently you are unaware that 70% of X model production in South Carolina is exported worldwide. That actually makes BMW the largest exporter in the country of U.S. produced vehicles.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 06-21-2016 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0