View Single Post
      04-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #87
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Boy you are in your element right now Mr. Marketer. I am sorry to tell you that you aren't the iphone of cars anymore. You thought you are ahead of the curve with the i series yet you see people lining up on someone else's door.
BMWi and Tesla do not compete.
They might semi-compete because of their drivetrain. But in overall concept they do not. Its a familiar concept the US media fail to grasp.
They will eventually when we arrive with similar concepts but that won't be for a while. I would expect that Model 3 has in fact changed concept to reflect the US desire for SUV/Crossovers. Because that is what the Model 3 is,a Crossover.

It is not a Sport Sedan like the 3er if we want to directly compare concepts (not drivetrains) then the Model 3 would be a direct competitor for the BMW 3er Gran Turismo.

Hopefully when we progress through the build-up we will get to learn on how Model 3 when Teased a couple of years back looked like a smaller Model S and now on its journey to production it is now a Crossover.
Has the market brought this decisive change?

In regards to BMW doing nothing.?
The company has developed Power eDrive which will be available in three different levels from entry to high performance.
We will even feature this on M cars which we will shortly see soon enough.