Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I think they will sell a good amount first years but when the avg person starts driving a car with limited range and takes hours to recharge (superchargers are scarce try finding one near boston my home for example) people will regret their decision. Electrics may take 5-10 percent of the pie over time but not mass adoption
You don't know what you are talking about. Model S P90D range is over 400 miles. This Model 3 has 200+ mile range to begin with.
Also, Tesla SuperCharge stations can charge 80% capacity within 30 minutes. Besides, 15 seconds for battery swap if one needs to get back on the road quickly. You got to do some research on the car before pulling something out of your ass.
Now for a long strip, you got to know where you go and plan. Do you think you will drive through forests with your SUV without planning if you can make it with your gas tank without bringing a reserved container? Besides, now many people buying Tesla 3 for long distant driving? It's a commuting car which fit people perfectly for works and local driving or cross cities. Imaging driving from SF to LA only costs you $5 for fuel.