04-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #69
spmd11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
I've owned bmws since 2004. A total of 8 in the last 12 years. There's a reason I still admire the e46 m3 until now. The built quality was better the driving experience superior the looks jaw dropping for its time. The same can be said about my e92 m3 I owned even though I felt like the built quality was better in the e46(less plastic). Regardless, these cars left an impact on me and I absolutely loved them! Even my 2005 Bmw 330ci zhp I admired. These are the last vehicles I remember being amazing from BMW. I'll never forget them.

Even though I currently own a 2015 640i m sport gran coupe, which I think is the sexiest car Bmw offers at the moment if things don't change I won't be driving another BMW. My wife has a 2015 528i which I don't understand how it has a 55k msrp. The car is all plastic, boring 4 cylinder, boring 4 cyclinder and boring looks. We went and drove an Audi A6 and it was a better car than the BMW in every way. Made me sad to think that if we had gotten the same deal as the BMW it would be in the driveway. Back in the days I would never even consider an Audi or Mercedes.

Moving forward, BMW once made me crazy, it was the ultimate driving machine. I don't find this to be true at all anymore, as a matter of fact I think everyone agrees. BMW has lost its touch and it needs to get it back. They once were an exciting company with die hard fans.
Exactly on point.. and the insiders like Scott26 don't get it. There is not one new BMW anymore that I am excited about owning. The new M3/4 is a major disappointment compared to the e9x