Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 Bmw M3  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndyvidual View Post
With the seats in hand, I could have my New Hampshire cage builder build to the negotiated requests. We used the M2 CS rear cage section as a reference and made tweaks for my particular needs:
  • Zero degree angle from harness bar to neck restraint when seated. I could not achieve this with any bolt in offerings.
  • Cross bars low to not obstruct my rear view.
  • Weld in to the same front locations as the M2 CS.
  • Weld to the lower floor (reinforced) and not the rear wheel well for strength; a better connection through the rear frame mount point area.
  • Tabs for mounting equipment for future projects.
  • Durable painted finish instead of powder coat in case I need to do touchup.

I got the car back, re-installed the removed interior pieces and then installed the harnesses, split collars and roll bar pads (all not shown). With this, all of my needs are met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndyvidual View Post
With the seats in hand, I could have my New Hampshire cage builder build to the negotiated requests. We used the M2 CS rear cage section as a reference and made tweaks for my particular needs:
  • Zero degree angle from harness bar to neck restraint when seated. I could not achieve this with any bolt in offerings.
  • Cross bars low to not obstruct my rear view.
  • Weld in to the same front locations as the M2 CS.
  • Weld to the lower floor (reinforced) and not the rear wheel well for strength; a better connection through the rear frame mount point area.
  • Tabs for mounting equipment for future projects.
  • Durable painted finish instead of powder coat in case I need to do touchup.

I got the car back, re-installed the removed interior pieces and then installed the harnesses, split collars and roll bar pads (all not shown). With this, all of my needs are met.

This is beauty
Appreciate 0