View Single Post
      01-23-2022, 09:30 PM   #2
ndyvidual
This hobby is expensive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 981 S, BMW F87 M2C

Stealth Hitch Install

I use my daily driver to carry lawn debris to the local compost site. And with a second, different trailer I take tools, fuel and track tires to the tracks along the East Coast. So the first modification is to turn it into a little "work truck."

I chose Stealth hitch because of the reputation of being...well... 'stealth' while being securely locked in place to prevent noise while under load. Costly, but worth it. I used the regular 2 series package from etrailer.com. Instructions were great. Just needed to cut the heat shield and diffuser quite a bit and also figure out what wiring I needed for the PWM interface. I picked up all signals from the right side rear light area and mounted the PWM in the bottom of that area where I routed the wires in from the outside via an unused OE grommet.

The area inside of the green tape was needed so I would have ample space to get my hand underneath to turn the locking knob without rubbing on the cut materials and shedding blood.

The car is happy and my trailers' lighting was too. The cutting is invisible when behind the car. The increased torque over the E46M made hauling things effortless. So I'm very happy with outcome.
Attached Images

Last edited by ndyvidual; 01-23-2022 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0