Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnwlf7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Cat claws are made of the same material as human nails, if you can't penetrate your car's paint with your nails, neither can the kitty.

And if you every look at any Wolverine movie, his sharp nails are detract when walking, only when he's angry or needs them, are they erected, so it's not liked they're walking around all the time with icepicks in their feet.
One rule that I learned while detailing cars: Never touch your car's paint with the hands never. The consequences will be micro injuries, swirls and scratches.
Everyday I pull into my driveway to garage, a bunch of feral cats jump on top of my car, while it's still moving.

Its like some urban Jungle Book and even after a few years, I've never notice any scratches onto the paint. The a lot of paw prints and cat hair but nothing permanent.

OEM clear-coat is tough, it protects the inner paint, that nails would not be able to harm and micro-scratches can be the result of anything but can be easily buffed out, with compound.. You really have to go in with something sharp to really penetrate the paint and etch it.

I wouldn't care if they did, I can't do much anyways but from personal experience, I can't blame cats for any paint damage but if someone has irrefutable proof of this, please share.

Name:  01585953148.jpeg
Views: 1804
Size:  609.7 KB

Name:  01585953152.jpeg
Views: 1800
Size:  524.1 KB
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16543.50