11-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #369
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
I think this is precisely my point. The last reason I would want to buy a car is to appear "special".
Yeah, a large part of the appeal of the M2 for me is that it doesn't have particularly "shouty" styling. Not that there's anything wrong with liking stuff with "look at me" styling, it's just not for me.

If I run down the other reasons I wanted the M2C, some of them overlap with the vette, but most of them don't:

It's fast - The Corvette has this one covered and then some.

It has a rear seat, i'm 5'8" and I fit very comfortably back there. I'm Asian, my people are small, it's a usable back seat in my mind.

It has a manual transmission.

It's small - I live in the city and frequently have to parallel park.

It's playful - Of all the 400+ hp RWD cars out there, the M2C HAS to be the easiest car to briefly exceed the limits in. For a car that is mostly driven on the road, that's the kind playfulness I want - More than i'd want "perfectly balanced in a four wheel drift" type playfullness which, while SUPER cool on a track is not something i'd ever expect to experience on the street unless something has gone really wrong.

It feels nice, the interior and exterior build quality feel better than i'm used to coming from cheaper Japanese cars.

I think the C8 Vette is cool. But it really isn't the car I was looking for when I went out and bought my last car. I'm not saying I wouldn't own one, because I would, but it's far from the right car for me at this point in my life.
Appreciate 3
natmad667.00
Davil6524.50
BlkSVT388.50