View Single Post
      07-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #14
m2-6mt
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
Had my M2 LCI for a couple of weeks now - love it!

Weird behavior though with iPod classic 160GB. When connected via USB, it eventually works just fine - plays tunes great, shows album artwork, knows about playlists, etc.

However, when I first connect it, and often after then car has been off long enough to "go to sleep", it seems to have a lot of trouble remembering where it was with the iPod. (if the car has been off for only a short time, all seems normal).

In particular, it will indicate "no device connected to USB interface" when I first start the car. If I turn on the Audio, it will play about 1 second of audio (at the start (start - not where it left off) of the track it was playing when I shut the car down (or when I last turned off the audio), and then about 2 seconds of silence. It repeats this stutter-behavior for about 5 or 6 stutters, and then stops stuttering and plays normally - albeit at the beginning of the track rather than where it left off. It seems like it's "too busy" right at first to have the cpu bandwidth to play the track - but after 20 seconds or so, it's ok.

My 2016 M235i did NOT have this problem - so it seems to be either an iDrive 6.0 or an LCI "new feature".

Anybody else experiencing this?

Full disclosure, I run 160GB iPods (several - same behavior on all of them). Each has over 20K tracks - so there's probably quite a bit of data-loading going on when the iPod is first connected to the car.
Have you gotten this fixed?
Appreciate 0