View Single Post
      11-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #11
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
So you guys are fully aware that by default, the M2C starts in normal mode or the softest settings. That means that when i start the car, i have to push the start button and tap the M1 button to get into the mode that i want the car to start with. After owning my car for a year and a half, I'm used to it. I think it's dumb as hell and the explanation I saw on here that made the most sense was that in this is done for mpg testing and BMW can publish these numbers.
I'm fine with it, it's the biggest first world problem ever, so really who cares? However, i get into my wife's new GTI for a bagel run, i put it into sport (which like the M2CS, stiffens the suspension as well, all for a $35K car?!?), and go about my business. Get the bagels and guess what...I turn the car back on and it's still in the sport mode that i left it in.

To summarize this long and completely useless post, come on BMW, if VW can do it, for crying out loud, you should be able to as well.
Will the vw remember that traction control has been turned off though? My guess is it's a liability issue with some of the modes and M button having traction off or partially off.
Appreciate 0