02-13-2024, 12:10 AM   #439
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSLpCwqP...MmSE9ZSD_KTA7n

Tom Wrigley a pro driver and tuner in UK opinion on the CF brace.

I still feel I can feel the brace, bumps in the road are more controlled by the front shocks.
His opinion would be influenced by the fact the brace can't be re-installed with the mods he has developed & is selling. Unconscious bias has a very real influence on our perceptions/opinions, I wonder if he's ever done A/B track testing for example (laps with followed by laps without the brace), even then knowing the change made will influence his opinion.

We're all affected by the same biases, would be reasonable to believe the most reliable opinions would have been the BMW test/development drivers. It's just not believable that BMW made a commercial decision to put this expensive bit of CF under the bonnet just for looks.

Don't know what to make of the comment that some who track at the Ring get more stability with the CF brace removed, they might have other issues with their setup. If you listen to Gordon Murray (best in the business) you can't have too stiff a chassis/suspension mount points.
Appreciate 0