View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #3
joseyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 17 488GTB, 16 Cayman S

The standard ED discount is 5% off the MSRP, so the discount should be closer to $3,000 on the M2C. With quite a few dealers having available allocations now, it should not be too hard to have a dealer sell you a car for ED MSRP. If you are willing to spend the time to call around the country, since you still have time, you could potentially save a little more under Ed MSRP, but your mileage may vary. I had no issues with my dealer and in fact we didn't even discuss it too much, it was just assumed that since it is an ED we will do ED MSRP.

I just came back from a May 2019 ED of a M2C so your timing would be similar to mine. While I let my dealer friend know last September that I would like to do an ED in May the following year, there wasn't any allocations available and we had to wait, but I was pretty much assured that one should be available by then. There was an allocation that because available in December for a February build, and the dealer said it was too early so we waited. At the beginning of February this year, we finally got an allocation for an end of March build and we finalized all the paperwork for a May 20th delivery at the Welt. Your dealer is tell the truth about ordering up to 5 months ahead, but you don't have to worry about the car sitting in a lot. Once my delivery date is confirmed for May 20th, even though my build date was late March, the BMW system automatically delays the car until about 3 weeks before delivery. My car was completed during the first week of May and it wasn't transported from Leipzig to Munich until the 16th.
2015 Mercedes E63 S AMG
Appreciate 0