Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS (NSX, M2, e92 gone)

vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SConn View Post
Hi All! New to the forum, first BMW.

Still kind of have mixed feelings about my trade, but I think it's the right decision for now. Loved my Vette. The power, the low seat position, the looks. But I always kind of felt like a jerk driving it (only had it 5 months and 1100 miles) because it was just kind of over-the-top.

I also had serious concerns about the torque converter issues that GM can't seem to figure out after 5 years! This is only an issue with the A8 tranny.

Anyway, saw the M2 at the local BMW dealer and did some research on them. Test drove it, thought about it and made the trade. I haven't driven it much yet. It's a manual, which I regretted not getting in the GS. It has the MPE, which I love, but I wish I didn't have to turn it on with a switch.

So far my main issue with the M2 is the lack of easy exit seats (where the seat slides back a bit when you shut the car off). I'm only 5'2, so I have to slide way up to reach the pedals and getting out without pushing the seat back is kind of a pain.

Anyway, the M2 seems like a great little car and I'm excited to get to know it a little better. I've been soaking in the forum so I can learn all the language, etc.

Just wanted to introduce myself I tried to add pics but the files were too large.
hey, congrats on the new ride. totally understand. I was "shopping" for a new vette a couple of years ago....really loved the car and wanted one....but just couldn't get over the image/stereotypes associated with it and it's owners. maybe that was just me being insecure or too worried about what others think, but it absolutely did prevent me from buying one. and i'm glad I didn't.
Appreciate 1
SConn180.00