Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I just don't get the math. Where is the weight coming from. There is no way the S55 is 150lbs more than the N55. Front fascia is trivial. And the new seats are supposed to be lighter than the M2 seats. As said above, something is missing.
Maybe some of that comes from the water to air top mount intercooler. You have that large heat exchanger under the hood, plus a front mount radiator filled with fluid. Plus the brakes/disks will be heavier as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I just don't get the math. Where is the weight coming from. There is no way the S55 is 150lbs more than the N55. Front fascia is trivial. And the new seats are supposed to be lighter than the M2 seats. As said above, something is missing.
s55 cooling system
Dual turbos
New exhaust system has dual exhaust with dual cats
Unnecessary safety crap
This.
Makes sense that S55 is heavier. That air-to-water IC can't be light, another turbo, all the ducting for extra turbo, dual path exhaust and fancy nannies for people who can't be bothered to pay attention while driving.

On the plus side, I'm going to change the exhaust anyway, so there's quite a bit of potential weight loss there.
Now almost certainly skipping the sunroof.
All the more reason to go 6MT.
Gonna try to get CF boot and bonnet, but I'll skip fenders and roof.

I really wish we could skip the nannies. I've never needed lane departure and auto braking. Don't see why I would now. I f'ing pay attention when I drive.
Appreciate 2
BAN_M2C4180.00
Remonster824.00