Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDoose View Post
Does anyone have one of these? Where did you get it? I'm finding tons of them for US plates and I searched the forum before making a post, but I can't find anything that will hold the euro (longer) plate.

I think I have something like the setup you are interested in. I didn’t want any holes in the bumper and I considered going the 3M double sided tape route but I preferred the offset look so I searched on-line for something like the US Mill Work set up but for European plates.

I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I made my own or more correctly, I modified the US Mill Work set up to work for me.

I ordered the standard US Mill Works plate holder with the Quick Release Adapter. I then got a piece of 5mm thick aluminum and had it cut to the size of the European plate. Then I drilled four holes to mount the quick release receiver. I tapped (cut threads) to match the original hardware (M6 I think) and countersunk the holes to that the screws would allow the plate to lay flat against the aluminum backing plate.

Then I drilled and tapped four additional holes in the corners mount the license plate to the aluminum backing plate.

Once the license plate was mounted to the backing plate, I filed the corners round and bent the plates to follow the curve of the bumper, not perfectly but close enough.

Then I just used the US Mill Works bolt in the tow socket to hold the plate like the standard set up.

I added a couple of pieces of foam to the back corners just encase it touches the bumper and the brown tape under the receiver is just to ensure a tight fit.
Attached Images