View Single Post
      01-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #1381
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Completely disagree. Not a fan of the wheels (black OR gold), the center console is goofy. Not a fan of carbon for the sake of carbon (I have no interest in CF splitters or diffusers on my M2C), not a huge fan of the blue paint.

And? It's stupidly overpriced for what are essentially bolt-on's-- realistically, it's some carbon fiber bits, a MP exhaust, an engine flash and a little gee-whiz in the suspension. And a blingy set of wheels and different color paint.

I'll admit that I like the roof (heat sink that it'll be on a summer day), and the adaptive suspension might be nice on "date night". But, that's about it.

I'm waiting for my M2C to be delivered and I think it's a far better value-- or at least as much as you can use that word for a ~$60k car. I just don't see an additional $25k of value in the CS.

I bought the M2C for me-- not as an investment or how well it'll hold value to collectors at some point in the future.

Just my 0.02.

R.
How do you view the E46 CSL then in comparison? It was about 40,000 Euro more than its sister M3 when it came out 15 odd years ago.

Edit - source had i looked at originally had it wrong. looks like it was about GBP20,000 more, exchange rate of about $32,000 according to topspeed.com
2014 Cayman S

Last edited by sdhotwn; 01-30-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0