Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that the US is going to start later. There was a comment somewhere verbal or written that referenced 3rd quarter deliveries for the US. Seems odd if production is starting in March. I'm thinking US won't start getting deliveries until sometime June to September. I assume BMW has to run these through the M2 comp production line. This might mean building them in region specific batches. I believe someone commented that German deliveries in April/May. Push through all RHD, and the LHD?
I reckon they are going around the globe working out allocations for each country in conjunction with the dealer networks. I don't believe there will be any "showroom" cars.

The US being the biggest market will likely be the last.

My latest update down here is this:

Multiply by .7 to get US equivalent. We pay massive "luxury tax".

"The M2 pricing has been confirmed at $139,900 before on road costs.
So it will be $160,000 plus options.

Volume is yet to be confirmed but it will be under 70, with currently over 90 orders on the car Aus wide.
March 2020 is the first production slot, with the last one being December.

Options pricing below;

2MK M double – clutch transmission with Drivelogic ¨ $7,500
2NK M Carbon Ceramic brake ¨ $ 15,000
302 Alarm system with remote control ¨ $1,000
420 Sun protection glazing ¨ $660"

So I'd hazard a guess that they are converting orders into actual committed sales to work out production and allocations.

After initially spitting the dummy over the $7500 DCT tax I'm still thinking I'm probably going to get one. I won't cry if I don't but this is going to be the boss level version of my favourite car and I think I'd later feel some regret if I passed on it.
Appreciate 0