02-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #275
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Not at all! If it added any significant performance benefits BMW would have used it in M4 GTS as well but instead they went with a coilover system for GTS. Adaptive suspension on M cars is nothing but a marketing gimmick. It neither provides great comfort (in comfort mode) nor any significant performance benefits (in Sport+ mode). I tracked my M4 with adaptive suspension for 2 years it was absolutely nothing special. If I'd kept that car, I was going to get a true coilover system. Ohlins on my M2C perform miles better on the track in street setting than the adaptive suspension on my M4 in the most aggressive Sport+ mode.
We're going to have to agree to disagree; I understand the concept of the technology and see value in it.

It wasn't added in GTS because they figure that vehicle's demographic would prefer HAS, which is only available in coilovers.

All auto manufactures are adding adaptive suspension, even my mother's new Honda Accord has it stock, so I'm sorry but I want it in my BMW also. Even if only means eliminating this blank button:

#OCD
Attached Images

Appreciate 1