07-15-2019, 03:02 AM   #3
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
I added some RPI Air Scoops thinking they would attach where the holes are next to the radiator. Guess what? No holes! On my car the extension piece is attached coming out of the airbox but not the elbow to connect them to the front open grill area.

So each side of the intakes have part #11 attached to the filter housing.

Parts 13 and 14 are not on the car. Where the grill (P14) attaches there are no holes.

It looks like BMW ditched these because the Light assemblies impede on the elbow some.

I cut away where the holes should be after looking a nearby M3. Then made my own elbows out of old plastic containers. I finished it all off with Blk duct tape to create a closed intake.

There are also holes on the outboard side of each Part 11. I was able to close those up thus getting cold air from the front grill only.

With my AK Motion reading IAT's I went from 20-25 degrees over outside air temp to 10-15 over at any decent speeds. Even less at 75+ MPH

If all the M2C's are the same then your sucking in hot air from the engine compartment.

Best,..
HAZMAT
Good work Hazmat - UK B58 mx40i owners found similar issue - work around was to retrofit B58 "hot climate" spec elbow and grill parts...

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewto...t=intake+grill

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0