View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #244
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanszilla View Post
Stupid as it may be, it is true. I don't know what field you are working in, but people here are superficial. And don't get your panty up in a bunch I'm saying this from what I observe, it is not my personal opinion so no need to tell me that my coments are stupid. I work in finance and this is what I see, I see 24-25 years old that "made" it and spend 75% of their paycheck on a car to impress their clients and it works. Would you trust a hedge fund manager that drives a Hyundai Genesis or one that pulls up in an Aston Martin Rapide ? Have you see a successful hedge fund manager or a successful PE VP pull up in a Honda Civic ? I haven't.
I work in IT (SAP) Consulting where the head project guys are making $500k and more. That being said I never said your comment was stupid , I meant to portray the said mentality suggested is stupid.

I point out that it is a philosophy based exactly on what you just mentioned (fause).

Successful people know 9 times out of 10 that these people who are car rich (or car broke) are all talk and no show.

That being said I simply meant to say that if your in a gathering for successful people (as suggested in your example) and the talk turns to cars I would not be embarrassed in that situation for the simple fact that if I am invited to the event that is already based on wealthy successful people attending then I by default am successful and somewhat wealthy.

If you are an SAP Consultant elaborate job title and you turn to me and say that you drive a 1992 Honda civic, I by no means assume you are broke. Most likely this person is cheap, frugal, or not into cars...
Appreciate 3