08-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #243
hanszilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally View Post
This is good for BMW. Folks who can't afford BMW M, such as young people, will buy Hyundai N (e.g., instead of Civic Si, WRX/STI, etc.). Then, when they can afford it, they will move up to BMW M.

I don't understand why people on the forum get so derisive about stuff like this. Hyundai has made major strides since they first entered the North American car market and they are now starting to branch out into the niche segments, such as luxury and performance. Their emphasis is on providing good value for the money. Not everyone can afford a BMW or Mercedes and these are the folks that get a Hyundai. When they can afford one though, the folks that bought a Hyundai may very well step up to a BMW. Especially with BMW M's former chief engineer at Hyundai, I expect their N cars will make great stepping stones for many people to eventually own an M car.
Of course people are offended, to some it makes it seem like they have made a bad decision for buying the M.

To others it just means that they can save money to have the same amount of fun.

To me it means that I can actually not break the bank to have a stock track ready vehicle (if it is as good as they say it will be).
Appreciate 0