View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #27
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpmoney View Post
Hi guys I’m a new LA transplant from NY, getting my new M2C in a couple weeks....wondering how many of you don’t put front plates on and how strict they are about it. I drove my Z06 around with no plate in NY and never had a problem...I guess i’ll use the tow hook mount but i’m not a big fan of it.
I drove my 128i with no front plate from 2008 to July of 2020. Only got one ticket from a rookie (literally first day on the street) LAPD officer in Westwood. Took 45 minutes for his partner to walk him through giving me the ticket for no front plate.

I went to the LAPD station in Marina del Rey a few weeks later, the guy at the front desk didn't even look up from the desk, let alone go outside to look at my car, to sign the fix it ticket.

I had bought a tow hook mounted front plate holder, from then on I just kept it in my trunk and planned to say it had gotten loose and I was worried it would fall off if I got stopped again. I've been pulled over since then, but no officer has ever even asked about the front plate.

I haven't run the front plate on my M2, and I don't plan to.
Appreciate 0