View Single Post
      08-04-2015, 08:01 AM   #50
the_phew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 GTI 6MT, was 320i ZSP/ZMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I guess it depends which BMW you are talking about. With the entire lineup minus the 2 Series, I agree. They're more of a hybrid of other brands than true BMW's IMHO.

The 2 series on the other hand, is exactly what BMW has been good at doing. The M2 even more so.

I just have no interest in pony cars. They're all just far too big. I already have an E92 M3, and that already feels like a GT car. I will admit that they do have a lot of personality and charm (not to mention value for money), but it's just not quite what I'm looking for.
Good post. If someone's ideal BMW is the E39 M5 or the E92 M3, then Chevy is more likely to make an appealing car for them than BMW these days. But if their favorite BMW was a 2002 tii, E30 M3, etc, then the M2 is the new car for them. I'm still not convinced that the M2 will be a particularly involving drive, though. Not that the Camaro will beat it on steering feel or anything, but at least it'll make proper noises without the aid of the stereo.

Personally, I just want the most involving car that I can swing for a ~$450/month lease payment that is still practical enough to carry my kids (both <5 yrs old) in the back. M2 is borderline too small for that purpose, but I'll check it out. 2016 Camaro moved way up my list when I read that it lost 200 lbs, is on the ATS platform, has the LT1 underhood, and I saw pictures of the interior.
Appreciate 2