12-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #1168
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I called BMW Genius today as well, they told me so long as a vehicle is CarPlay capable any model from 2017 to present will get the service for free. They said you can check your CarPlay status by logging into BMW ConnectedDrive
and look under 'Subscribed services' for CarPlay. If you don't see it there and CarPlay is instead listed under 'Recommended services for this vehicle' try to reset iDrive and see if it gets updates.

Resetting iDrive
  • Make sure the car is on, engine running.
  • Reset iDrive by pressing and holding the volume knob for approximately 30s, when the screen goes blank let go. iDrive will then reboot.
If you still don't see CarPlay enabled for life call BMW Assist for further help, 1-888-333-6118. They also said this announcement just happened yesterday, so be patient. It may update on its own.

I just got off both BMW Genuis and BMW Tech support, and both confirmed the announcement yesterday, but told me that to see it on MyConnectedDrive account, I would have to contact BMW Assist since they handle that.

My account had expired on 11/29, so I called BMW Assist, and they told me that they have been getting lots of calls regarding this "blog" but that nothing official was given to them

So I added the 3 month courtesy try (requires a credit card on file, but no charge for 3 months), and hopefully this will get sorted out in the next few days or weeks

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 1