View Single Post
      08-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Next step was today,the installation at Manhart Performance in Wuppertal, and before you start to ask me. No, their M2 was not around, else I would now have written a review :P

The installation was about an hour work. The main installation consists of removing the center air vent in the dashboard and removing some of the panels at the passenger side. About three panels are removed, and the battery is disconnected. The one underneath the glovebox, the one panel near the door and the plastic doorsill panels.

The Awron display comes with a cable that includes an USB for ODB connection to a laptop. I am wondering if I can code my car with it I need to test that before buying another cable to start coding the features of the car. The cable is the connection between the display in the air vent and the CAN bus connector which is placed on the side panel under the glove box / door hinge.

The connection is quite simple and follows easily via the manual supplied by Awron on their website. Not too difficult to fit! After the cable and the connector are properly connected, all is placed behind the panels and the air vent is pushed into place. Reconnect the battery, and start up the car.

Now you can scroll through the menus of your Awron display using the left toggle on the steering wheel. The features are mentioned on the link given above and on my final run through Germany I got the chance to really use the boost, horsepower and torque screens. Managed to touch 366 hp and 493 Nm on full throttle on the autobahn. Funky tool! I must say.

I have not used all the features yet and I need to do some settings setup, but all in all it works brilliantly. Below you will find some photos showing the different steps of the installation.

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 08-18-2016 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0