View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 05:22 AM   #20
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
I logged with E16 in the tank today. It was a hot day - the ambient was 32c / 90f. Quite a lot of timing corrections. We get slightly lower fuel quality in Australia so I always ran the 91 Octane maps when I was on pump - perhaps the Multimap Stage 2+ assumes a higher octane for the fuel that isn't ethanol - thus the timing corrections. I.e. it's assuming it's a combination of 93 octane with E16 but in reality, it's closer to 91 octane with E16.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=61d5...90c6270085b513
Yeah, that's not pretty.

There's a whole long conversation related to this on the F30 forum. There's a lot of other topics intermingled in the thread (along with diagnosing some issues with the OPs car), but the gist is it sounds like you're supposed to run the Multimap that includes the worst fuel you'll encounter, which means the Stg 2 M2 Multimap in your case: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1868795

Supposedly the Stg 2 Multimap will scale timing up from Stg 2 91 to whatever Emix you have, but obviously the boost target will be lower than the Stg 2+ Multimap so it likely produces less power with the same Emix.

This is all pretty new, but an open question is would the Stg 2 Multimap scale timing even higher than the Stg 2+ Multimap with the same Emix to make up for Stg 2's reduced boost target so that you can run 91 safely when no ethanol is available but still get max power on say E60? No one knows for sure, bc we haven't seen logs like that to confirm.

The opposite of this, the F30 guys can't even seem to scale bn 93 and Exx on the N55 Stg 2+ Multimap bc 93 isn't an option in their Stg 2+ Mutlimap like it is ours. They only have Stg 2+ E30 and Racegas in their Stg 2+ Multimap. So, they're trying to get Halim to change it to be more like our Stg 2+ Multimap.

So, lots of confusion on all this, but if I were you I'd try the Stg 2 Multimap with just 91 and then a high Emix, and compare those logs to your Stg 2+ Multimap logs with similar fuels to see how they look. It should become clear pretty quick if the Stg 2 Multimap vs the Stg 2+ Multimap is producing less power with a high Emix, at the sacrifice of being able to provide safe FlexFueling.
Appreciate 0