United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Negative, seems to only be an out of factory issue from what I've seen/read on here. I think someone said the intermittent warning on the LCI's can be attributed to a loose ground wire. Since us Pre-LCI guys have to repin our harnesses when doing this retrofit it makes sense why we wouldn't have this problem (unless there is installation error).
thanks this is a relief to hear.

my right indicator basically stopped working and the right tail lights started throwing errors too. No surprise, a pinhole in my pre-lci 8 pin connector was melted as suspected.

i see many fixes where people actually split the ground wire, eg

what i notice was that the connector in that video seems to be the 6 pin connector, similar to most LCI F22 and was wondering if it's still necessary to split the ground wire to fix this problem permanently? Or if not done, is the 6 pin connector still prone to melting later down the track?

I'm using this as an excuse to upgrade my tail lights to the new LCI blacklines but understand that means i'll also have to rewire it to the 6 pin connector and wanted to know if it's still worth splitting that ground wire when i install it.
It's also entirely possible that the only reason people who do the retrofit don't get errors like the LCI cars is because they code out the warm and cold bulb checks in the process. The risk of failure or fire might still be identical, you just wouldn't see the warning.

I used this thread as a DIY:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1405431

I just taped off the two unused wires. It's been about 3 years and no issues.