10-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #15
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Man, I'm glad I'm not alone. I contacted them 4 times since last week. Twice via email. Once via contact us form. Once via website chat. They responded to the chat today asking what I need help with. I wrote back... 4 hours later, no response.

As for the plate, I just went to install it on the rear. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this bracket is impossible to install.

It is the most confusing and weirdest design I have ever come across. If you want to install the way they recommend, it means that one of the screws will have to be longer and under great tension. It's hard to explain, unless one sees this in person. And the screws they provided don't fit at all. The stock screws are too short for them to work in one of the holes.

I'm very disappointed in this bracket. I mean this shouldn't be rocket science. I'm stuck with an $80 bracket that's unusable. There's no way they used the stock screws for this. They won't grab the threads in one of the holes. Physically impossible. The included screws don't work at all. Plate description on the website says nothing about how this bracket works. One can only assume it's a normal everyday license plate bracket, but it's not.

We used this particular design to accommodate for some vintage models (both BMW and otherwise) that have a protruding trunk lock which does not allow us to achieve the thin perimeter that we wanted without mounting the frame as such.

They've been a popular choice for several marques, but apparently the new BMW crowd would very much appreciate another design specifically designed to accommodate the plate within the frame. Thanks for the feedback.

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0