View Single Post
      08-05-2021, 06:54 AM   #153
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkro View Post
Planning to do this also. Looks like the most cost effective and quick upgrade we can start with.

Some people remove the dust shields completely but I'm not fully confident that the heat coming from the brakes wouldn't affect suspension and rubber bushings. Using aluminum foil to protect the rubber bushings might help with that but you'll still end up with high temps for the struts + brake dust.

Aftermarket cooling kits are also available but they run for ~$500 so might be the next step if the GT3 ducts won't be enough

If anyone wants to go a step further the M2CS Racing has OEM ducts coming out of the front bumper.
It is possible to remove heat shield completely w/o damages to the suspension component.In order to do that there is one tie rod which needs to be protected from the heat as it sits very close to the brake disc. Good news you can buy aluminium sheet and cut a small aluminium plate 4"x4" and bolt it to hub using the same screw used to hold the heat shield. I can post a picture later as my car is not a home now.
Appreciate 0