Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
I'm not quite there yet but I've had similar thoughts about my next car. When I pay off the F87 in about 2 years (expect to have a kid around then), do I keep it and get a second daily- X3/X4/Macan, or do I sell it, save some money and get a G80?

OR do I trade in for a G87 NOW and have an excuse to prolong my coupe ownership as long as possible? lol
Things to note, prices of cars are going up, so an X3/4/Macan is going to cost and arm and a leg, you also have to insure two cars instead of one if you're planning on keeping the F87.
The G80 would solve that by having a fun, manual, sports car that's practical enough to seat 4 comfortably and 5 in a pinch. But you do miss out on the practicality of having a hatch instead of a trunk.
Back seat space in the G87 is smaller than the F87. I could sit comfortably in my F87C but less comfortably in my G87 due to the sloping roof. Something to think about.

How about...buying a fun smaller hatchback that is practical, fuel efficient, and a blast to drive while keeping your insurance premiums down.
I see a VW GTI or Golf R in your future.
drp087233.00