View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #423
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki__ View Post
Well, it has not been announced officially by BMW, but if those numbers turn out to be accurate, I would still buy an M2 CS over anything else but maybe a Porsche (if we are talking about new cars vs. new cars here which we should be otherwise what's the point?). A new GT4 seems like the obvious choice, but most people here are talking out of their ass and haven't driven one, let alone live with one. People take for granted that the M2 CS will have room for four people, that it provides the taller than average driver (like myself) to be comfortable, and the seats in the back go down for additional storage. These little things make a world of difference when you're thinking of driving the car every day, and it's not just your bedroom poster or your phone's wallpaper. After considering every day practically, one can easily make the argument that the M2 CS is the one to buy. Now a 911 is a different ball game because there is natural everyday usability to it. Maybe not as much as the M2 CS, but it is more practical than the GT4. If I were in the market for buying a new car around $100k mark right now, I would most likely spec out a base 992 Carrera instead of the M2 CS route. Even tho I would have to be very careful with my option list, to keep it hovering around $110k or so but then it is indeed more expensive, and depending on who you ask, it might be out of budget.
€95K base price for Germany. BMW has officially announced the price a few hours ago (source: here).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The cat is out the bag (at least for Germany) (source: BMW Group PressClub Global - see here):
"Prices for the BMW M2 CS start at €95,000."
Add only M-DCT and a metallic body color (BSM, HS or MB) and you're looking at €100K for this über 2 Series car.

If you buy this über 2 Series in Germany:
  • €95K (6MT + AW) = ± $105,230
  • €100K (M-DCT + BSM/HS/MB) = ± $110,770
  • €108K (M-DCT + BSM/HS/MB + M-CCB) = ± $119,625
Compare with the base price for a 718 Cayman GT4 and a 718 Spyder in Germany (taxes included) (see here and here):

So, yeah, that's the sobering scenario of the price guesstimate poll discussed in this thread.

My ± 150% guesstimate was accurate, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Scenario 1: if the ± €95K base price quote would be accurate:
  • ± 60% extra compared to the original M2 (2016 list price) = ± €95K;
  • ± 45% extra compared to the M2 Competition (2019 list price) = ± €95K.
Rough conversion math for the US (proportional change: % instead of currency conversion):
  • ± $53K (original M2 2016 US list price) + ± 60% = ± $85K;
  • ± $59K (M2 Competition 2019 US list price) + ± 45% = ± $85K.
Conclusion 1: M2 CS base price guesstimate of ± $85K for the US and ± €95K for Germany (VAT included).
On the other hand, this immodest M2 CS price tag makes the original M2, M2 LCI and M2 Competition look like a bargain. Especially taking into account the finding that - at least over here - several 0 km (or very low mileage) full option (or very loaded) M2 Competition cars sitting in BMW M dealer showrooms are currently on offer for M2C base price or near M2C base price (discounts ranging from 10% up to 20%).

Furthermore, with signs of another significant economic crisis expected for Spring/Summer 2020, timing is unfortunate.
pyrat15194.50
A6bullet337.00