View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #7
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

With regards to cooling, I can tell you that the stock system is pretty much trash when pushed to the limit. Good call on the cooling upgrades.

I've gotten the CSF oil cooler and will be getting their DCT cooler and DO88's auxiliary cooler upgrade and then finally the CSF radiator upgrade.

With what I've gotten so far I haven't had any issue or oil temps spiking above 105C, which is when the car's thermostat apparently switches on the active cooling for the oil/coolant.

With regards to tune + lag, I'd suggest you get all bolt-ons for the M2 at once and top them off with a Bootmod3 tune; it offers you a lot of features and the power delivery on it is superb. My intercooler recommendation is the Wagner Evo 2 Competition; simply a superb product. Chargepipes are almost all the same, I've gotten the ER ones and downpipes more or less the same thing and I have the ER downpipe.

I almost forgot to mention, the weather in Lebanon during Summer is extremely humid on the coast, and pretty hot too, with daytime temperatures reaching 35-36C. I commute almost every day from Beirut (sea-level) to the nearby mountains (1250m above sea-level) and never ran into an issue with cooling in either location.