Thread: M2 to M2C
View Single Post
      10-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #74
O Haiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Sorry i havent read thru any of the pages except this one. But here are my two cents. I've been looking for an OG M2 at around a 6-7% discount and finally found the dealer that was willing to accomodate. I was set on the OG M2. However i decided to do a last minute drive of the competition just to make sure i really wanted the M2. Here is what i found.

The M2C is MUCH faster. Not just at the track. Anything above 3k, the power difference is very noticeable. Until about 2700 revs the N55 has more torque but the S55 really comes on and pulls hard to 7500 redline. Even highway pulls and normal spirited driving the M2C is much much faster.

M2C has a better ride quality and i have no idea why. It's smoother on bad pavements.

M2C also has a better feeling steering. I'm sure this is just software calibration changes which can be done to the OG M2 since the hardware is the same.

I could not tell the difference in brakes because i didnt have enough chances to work the brakes in the streets and freeways i drove in.

I could not tell the weight difference. Perhaps because of the carbon strut brace and how everything is a little more tighter feeling in the M2C, but handling was sublime and car felt light on its feet just like the OG M2.

This is my takeaway. The new engine, seats, mirrors, carbon strut brace, better brakes, configurable M1 and M2 settings, and other upgrades in the minor tuning of the car is worth the extra you pay in the M2C. Hell the engine alone is worth 10k extra, considering that you can get 50 whp easy from just tuning the S55, whereas the N55 is already maxed out.

I was set on the OG M2. But now i am 100% going for the M2C. It really is an amazing car. OG M2 is also an amazing car, but after driving the M2C i cannot go back to the OG. Hope this helped.
Appreciate 3
tranck500.50
Robin_NL8723.00
Davil6569.00