04-13-2024, 05:38 AM   #8
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
Purchased bleeder screws (a pair), replace the existing one with a new one, it performs even worse than the original one(thought to be stripped).

I inspected the original one, it definitely has had better days (I can see marks of abuse by mechanics worked on it) but the treads are good. I used brake cleaner to give it a good clean and wipe, put it back in and hand tight, then torqued it to 10Nm, stepped on brake pedal immediately after several times, no sign of leak around the screw neck.

One thing I noticed: there was blue threadlocker like stuff at that the original bleeder valve screw's neck (right below the hex that goes into the caliper threads).

Does anyone know if blue threadlocker is used on bleeder valve screws? cc F87source

Thanks in advance.
There shouldn't be any thread locker on these bleed valves, since it wouldn't survive the harsh chemicals and the very high temps the calipers get to.

I suspect the threads are likely damaged. My advice is try to tighten the valve by hand a bit more and see if the leak stops. If it doesn't then it's likely the caliper threads are unfortunately damaged. This means you'll need to either rethread it with a larger thread or helicoil or timesert it.

The blue color you're seeing could be paint from the caliper body.