12-04-2020, 06:23 AM   #15
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Regardless of them both being small and "drivercentric" (yes, I realize Dan is just trying to justify the comparison), they are very different cars. I've owned multiple GT3's and had a PTS 981 GT4, as well. Performance aside, I can tell you first hand that these two-seater Porsches are just highly impractical for many occasions. For the track? Sure. For canyon carving and mountain drives? Sure. But part of what makes the M2 CS (and M2 line, general) so special is that on top of being a high-performance track car, it's an incredibly practical and versatile everyday car. And with the adaptive suspension in the CS, even more so. I want -- heck, I *need* -- a car that I can take everywhere, so I'm not constantly finding myself in the wrong car when a window to let off some steam and have a fun drive suddenly pops up. It's amazing how many of these comparison reviews completely miss this point. At least Dan touched upon it in this one. Overall, a well-done review imo.
Yep I agree. Have 400 miles on my CS and love it, I love it better than the GT4 I had for 6 months. Is the GT4 a better car for sure, and if you are looking for something more skewed towards track days definitely to GT4 but most of us are using this as a part time daily and I need the rear seat and trunk.

I didn't like the gt4 and ultimately went back to a gt3 line up, for track days cars are getting so fast out there that I needed more straight line power...

Anyone needing a track toy should be getting a gt4....
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50