View Single Post
      03-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #70
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Joe View Post
Hey boostm3, forgot to post this in the one above, but look at the charts again. In comfort mode, the db’s flutuate more and I noticed this when watching the Ipad during my test. In sport mode, it’s more consistent. I’m not sure what this exactly means but it’s something to take note of. Each chart shows about 15 seconds of history.

In the car, while observing the tach, I didn’t see any difference.
Interesting. I dont think I mentioned it, but I wanted to thank you for quantifying this. When ASD was enabled, it certainly was abundantly clear to me how much louder sport and sport+ were. I always wondered how much of that noise was fake ASD and how much was the natural exhaust note. In the cabin, I knew most of it was ASD, but when I hung my head out the window, I didint hear what I heard inside the cabin. So I always assumed it was all ASD.. When I disabled it, I never really heard the volume increase either at idle or under load when changing drive modes.. I always was aware of the crackles and pops on overrun, but on acceleration and not at idle. So Im thinking its partly the DP and possibly the concrete enclosures you first experienced this in. To this day, in idle and under load, Im not hearing the change in drive modes, accept for pops and crackles. If its there, for me, its nowhere near as loud or prominent as ASD was, which is one of the reasons I got rid of that fake noise.

Thanks again for your efforts in this area..