Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
I think your title is misleading people.
Specifically, this part: "Production starts for February 2016"
By placing that wording in the title of the thread, you're floating the notion you have some inside information and you know for a fact that M2 production starts in February. When all you may know is the specific car you ordered (in Europe) will be produced in February.
Your title needs to be more factually correct or at least labeled as a guess.
Now now..
It's at least a good bit of information, and it all depends on what you define as starting production. They have been producing a couple of M2's each month starting from Feb this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I also have heard a rumor that SOP will be in the early Spring(April) not Nov 2015. But so far I only ONE source that I know has said this. I have not been able to confirm the push back of SOP by any of my "other" sources. I suspect the SOP M2 production will be after the New Year. IF it was really to start in Nov of this year... we would be seeing more & more cars with close to no camo. That's not the case.
The numbers will start to ramp up in November, from Jan '16 there will be a couple of hundred M2's rolling off the line each month.
I think m4 gts will get some time and then the m2 .... Rollout will happen but still yet a little while.

I went to Leipzig in November of 2010 prior to the 1M rollout. That day we toured the factory and drove the 3 mules they had present, we maybe saw a total of 12 cars anywhere in the factory and on the line and at that time there was a max delivery rate of 730 odd cars per day.

Dackel has informed me the plant has expanded... A couple of hundred rolling off the floor a month is only 2400 cars a year for the world !

They would need to make more than 500 a month to equal the number of 1Ms produced which was 6000... The 1M production probably was over longer than 12 months of course

A wise man one said....

"You will love it..... But you will have to wait for it! "
Appreciate 0