09-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #5
donsaimon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi Folks,

I've just installed the PDC on/off reversing switch in my MY18 LCI M2: I know that the behaviour of the car has been changed with recent firmware updates so that the annoying beeping is now largely resolved, but I wanted the switch anyway as I wanted to be able to turn on/off the reversing camera to help with parking.

The switch works just fine - but only for the PDC part: the camera stays off. Its simple enough to then turn the camera on, but I was hoping that someone here may know of a hack/modification that allows you to turn on the camera by default.

I'll show you what I mean .... this is a shot of the screen when I first press the switch. Note that there is no camera display, just the PDC ... but if you look in the top left of the image, you can see an icon to activate the camera:

I then move the iDrive controller over to this part of the image - note that I haven't yet ticked the box to activate the camera:

The final image shows what happens when I tick the box - the camera appears This is what I would like the switch to do by default - activate the camera, but I haven't been able to locate this setting in iDrive or in the Bimmercode app.

I've exchanged a few emails with Stephan from Bimmercode to see if he knows where this might be coded from, but he's not aware of it ... so I wondered whether anyone here had experience with this and could point me in the right direction...?

Thanks!
Hi, did you find a solution??? It is very annoying that I have to press a button, then move idrive to the left and than press again to activate the rear camera!!
Appreciate 1
ASAP10161.00