05-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #372
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Alright, so I flashed Stage1 93 Oct (98RON) since I always use Shell V-power or 98RON.
I haven't dared go all out since I have an appointment to upgrade the charge pipe.

But one thing I noticed and need to ask about. With the tune installed I notice a slight whistling sound even at moderate acceleration. It does not get louder when pushing it harder. I flashed back to stock to see if it was still there because I fiddled with the airbox just before installing the tune. But with stock tune there is no whistle even when pushing it to the max.

So what could cause this sound in the fairly mild Stage 1 tune? I mean, even at moderate acceleration..

I realize maybe it says something similar about this in this thread but it's starting to get quite an extensive thread to search through...

This is a link to a datalog of a moderate acceleration, if anyone were to be so kind and have a look if anything looks bad. I have no experience in data log examination..
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ec6...90c659c2c9f4cf

I got the tip to try 98RON instead of VPower 99RON which I will when the tank runs empty.
Also, small update: Since I had to remove the airfilter air tube because of an unexpected "dropping of something into the engine bay" I double checked the tightening of the clamp for the air tube and there was room to tighten it more which I did and I would sort of say that the "whistle sound" diminished by about 80-90% after that..
Difficult to judge anything from a "moderate acceleration" datalog. If you'd like to get some actual meaningful data and have people analyze it you'll need to take a true WOT log. It'll give us a much better idea of how your fuel is and how the tune is for your specific vehicle and conditions!

Start in third gear, 2500 RPM, DSC OFF and go WOT. Keep the vehicle pinned until about 6500 RPM. Single third gear runs work well, however if you have the room and are able to shift into 4th and carry that to 6500 RPM then you'll have even better data to be analyzed!
Appreciate 1
Fedorov162.00