View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #14
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

Update:

This morning we both arrived at dealership [b] to meet with the BMW representative. My husband provided the attendant the key and we proceeded to meet with the SA. SA requested that we have a seat in the lounge and they'd be with us shortly. 45 minutes later (SA was no where to be found) we see the SA bringing the car around the front of the dealership. The SA comes inside and explains that the representative has deemed the paint a 'factory defect' and they will be repainting the panel. Of course my husband recorded the entire conversation with his micro recorder. We were both running late for the office so we thanked him for his assistance. Our quick exits allows us to group and discuss next steps and provide our questions in writing.

[a] Who is responsible for removing the PPF.
[b] Who is paying for the removal and re-installation of the PPF.
[c] Question for PPF installer. When can PPF be re-applied.
[d] Paint warranty ? Factory or extended ?
[e] Diminished value ?
[f] Reported to Carfax ? Service records.. etc.

I actually feel you guys were on point and BMW was trying to avoid a legal battle (which we were prepared to do). We just want the vehicle 'properly' repaired but we also have to look at the financial aspect. This repair may cause us financial harm in the future if we attempt to sell and or trade.

//M
Appreciate 0