View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

Paint Issue or Repaired ?

Yes, a bit of a mystery so I'll just present what I currently know.

The vehicle was purchased new from dealership [A] on August 7, 2018. We inspected the vehicle on a hot sunny day and didn't identify any issues. The vehicle was taken directly to our garage so we could locate a PPF installer. PPF film was applied on August 28th. When we picked up the vehicle the installer pointed out an area (drivers side rear pillar) commenting that the paint "appeared" defective from the factory. Husband and I agreed we'd address with dealer [B] during it's 1200 mile service.

During the next 11 months the vehicle has rarely been driven (husbands sister is battling cancer) as my Husband travels regularly to assist in his sisters treatments.

So last week he makes an appointment and takes the vehicle to dealership [B] which is closer in proximity than dealership [A]. The SA looked at the paint and apparently had a couple of other individuals analyzing the paint as well. SA returned and indicated that the vehicle "appeared" to have been repainted and a BMW rep would have to look at it directly to assess next steps. I pulled the Carfax report and also formally requested dealership [A] provide the VDC report and any additional information regarding the vehicle they had on file (mentioning specifically any repairs).

Code:
Carfax data (odometer):
2018-08-07 45 miles
2018-07-05 13 miles
2018-06-19 12 miles
2018-04-16 5 miles
Husband notified me yesterday that the BMW rep will be at dealership [B] end of week. I'd like to share a photo (very difficult to capture with a camera) and see what other M owners think of this paint. Repair or factory blemish(es).

//Monika
Attached Images

Appreciate 0