Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowM2C View Post
I'm not 16 years old and daddy just bought me my first car. I have raced on tracks such as Daytona International Speedway and Sebring International since the late 1990s.

I'm just pointing out you've made some very false statements about a car's suspension that are the job of other parts and not the job of the struts/springs.

The job of the struts/shocks/springs are to keep the tires on the road since we're not racing on perfectly level surfaces that do not require a suspension. If you're expecting to just toss on a set of random coilovers on a stock M2C and expect to turn it into a full blown race car that turns on rails you'll be highly dissapointed with your purchase, because that's not the job of the coilovers.

Just correctly aligning the OEM suspension for track use will do more than any coil over kit. BMW races stock showroom M2C's 7 days a week on two race tracks in the USA, they do just fine.
I've updated my post above with specific comments to your comments.

Its good to hear that you've had track experience, however, given you've just gotten your M2, I honestly doubt you're even close to qualified to state "facts" on its performance/handling specs.

Again, theres no need to turn this into a pissing contest. The M2C is not a "track car" and the OEM suspension is tuned for aggressive street driving, just like every other M car (non CS) on the road.
Appreciate 0