View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #14
Yellowflash21
First Lieutenant
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: M2

Ok, finally my buddy mechanic find some time to dedicate me a whole day to install PSS10 kiy properly.

Before switching to PSS10 set, I had Eibach spring which worked well on track but on street use it was a complete mess.

We ran into few issue during installation, as:
a)My buddy mechanic got drunk last night.
b)We didn't have a proper socket to unbolt the rear shock, so we had to ask around to get the right one.

But anyway, here is the short story.

My M2 is 2016 and on inspecting the front axle, we heard strong ticking noise when we moved steering angle from one side to another.

The same noise can be reproduced when turning hard left or right in the corners, and many people reported this type of noise/clicking/ticking on this forum but nobody didn't know how to fix this.

The problem was very clear and it was due to failed bearing inside "guide support", or the thing that comes at the top of each front shock.

Today is Saturday, and we had little hope that we will find a replacement part and my gc plates didn't arrive yet.

So, we had no other choice then to try to open them up and see what's going on with bearings inside.

Lucky thing for us is that this was a bloody easy fix. Bearing can be dismantle with ease.
My buddy put a lot of bearing lubricant inside of both of them and they were like new without any further noise.

Now, back to Bilstein install, as we had visit in the shop by experienced ex racing driver which was happy to assist us with height setup.

He measured front & rear shocks travel distance when uncompressed and compressed and did his math on the paper to tell us what would be the idle height to set the coils on.

It surprised me that he was able to perfectly match the height of the car when it was on oem springs and on our first attempt.

I've tested the setup for almost 60 miles on middle setting number 5, and its amazing how comfortable it is compared to stock & Eibach especially the back end which I hated so much.

Although, the front is bit stiffer now compared to stock and I will see to maybe switch them to 4 and see how that will work out for daily usage.

As its winter here, the hard settings will have to wait until March & track but overall I'm extremely happy as well is my butt and kidneys.

Please, if you're looking for comfort,and look(lowering), do not go with any kind of HAS or spring sets. Pick a proper and well tested set of coilovers or don't change anything.

The reasons why, I've decided to go with Bilstein compared to KW3 or Mperforamnce ones are:

1. Monotubes design shocks compared to KW ones
2. Rear shock is inverted
3. Rear damping can be easily adjustable
4. Damping can be adjusted on one knob
5. Trusted fellow M2 owners across the globe who had this kit installed and confirmed that it was a good option for them
5. It has blue colored springs.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50