04-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #273
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishUK View Post
@Gatte Artemis
BMW need to put some hours in to the design and integrate it better with the sculpture of the rear of the car - pretty much exactly like the vision concept car. Make it happen BMW, please.
The vision concept is a little too wide and probably a little too unrealistic. A wing similar to the CSL concept could look really nice on the M2 along with a little more width like the M2 Racing cars.

I will pray with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Well, they could also consider settling for "M2 CS" if the "L" of "CSL" (= Leichtbau = lightweight construction) would be inappropriate.
I know there has been a lot of talk about the CS being the limited model including dealerships being told so. It could still happen but I don't think that the CS would really be considered the Halo car that BMW needs to make to establish the 2 series. Also, no CS cars have a wing so far and I really really think that there is an M2 somewhere with a wing mounted on it.

I would think it would probably be called the GTS/CSL/Racing or something. I really hope it'll be called the CSL along with the full on lightweight treatment.

Basically the Batmobile 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
. on to the CSL/GTS banter thread...

It sure seems that the GTS moniker is dead based on the comments from Van meel and the intro of the CS.
I sincerely hope so, never liked them to begin with. In my opinion, the next generation could be a better iteration to bring back the CSL badge. Alternatively, they could also do it on both generations.
Appreciate 1