10-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
johanva
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 MY2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
have you also thought about needing to test the cruise control module for extended periods of time? they may have wanted to test it on the motorway etc? There's actually times where I have had wished the dealer road tested the car MORE to check everything is functioning well and for any intermittent issues. Would the dashcam had lost its setting by having the power disconnected due to the installation of a new module for the cruise control/odometer etc? I know human nature these days is to think everyone is guilty straight up but can't you give someone the benefit of the doubt first?
If they tested it for and extended period, it would have shown on the footage of the dashcam. The dashcam has footage of me arriving at the dealership, the mechanic driving it into the garage and doing the maintenance and the short test rit of 1.4km.

I'm just wondering why the other 30+ kilometers are not on film. Wouldn't you find it suspicious If they unplugged the camera when driving 30+ kilometers with your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
The first two drives seem like they were fully testing out the work they had done. How else are they suppose to make sure the exhaust is fixed w/out driving the car, switching modes, etc.? To me seems like they wanted to make sure it is fixed so you didn't have to come back again for the same problem. For the instrument cluster they probably had to confirm more functions and therefore more miles. Perhaps the extra gas was to compensate you for the miles they had to drive?

Lastly why does mileage == abuse?

Ask.
The car has the M Performance exhaust. The remote controller they replaced works independently from the driving modes, so yes you can check if everything works without driving a single mile.
I don't mind the test drive or the amount of kilometers they drove after the break-in service. Seems normal to me.

For me: unrecorded mileage == abuse or something they don't want me to see.

I still leave it open if they abused the car. I just find it very strange the camera has no footage of the 30+ kilometers but there could of course also be another reason, but I just don't know which one and that's bothering me.

Last edited by johanva; 10-23-2017 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0