Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by haihai918 View Post
Hi,

I got my 2021 M2C (pre-owned) delivered last week . The car didn't come with Carplay so I checked with my local dealer and figured out the previous owner didn't activate the account in 'MyBMW'. They did it for me (not transferred to me), and the 'scheduled maintenance (3yr/36k miles)' shows active in MyBMW app. Does it mean as the second owner, I still have the free 3yr maintenance?

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottah View Post
Yup, I found the same on mine. CarPlay was activated already and I do have the maintenance in the app and my local dealer confirmed as much.
OP, just a follow up to what I said earlier, I recently had my brake fluid covered under the maintenance plan for free even though I'm not the 1st owner and never paid to have the plan transferred. YMMV though. Also, since the plan ends about 3mo before my next scheduled oil change, he said he may be able to get it covered if it's within 3mo so I'll probably give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyRS View Post
At the Fort Walton Beach Fl dealership, I was told there was no transfer fee for the remainder of the warranty on my used 2019. In fact they have replace both tail lights for free.
Tail lights aren't maintenance though (oil changes, brake fluid, etc.), which is what we're discussing here. Tail lights are covered under the regular factory warranty, which is transferrable without a fee.
Appreciate 0