View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #10
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Somewhat accurate. I first make sure everything is wax free, using soap and alcohol to ensure, I’m down to the paint in the actual hole. Then I put some paint in the hole, trying to cover with the smallest brush, then put some paint to the side of the hole. I use the silicone squeegee to slide that paint across the hole. Then I let dry as usual. Normally I do pretty good with completely filling the divot. However, if I don’t, I repeat the process a second time.

On solid paints, you can get 99.5%, with metallic I’d say more like 95% just simply because of the metal flake pattern and how it was applied from the factory cannot be matched. The only way to really do that is to repaint the whole panel but then of course you will see the panel not blend with the other panels lol.
Sounds like a good procedure. After you squeegee, do you wait a couple of minutes and then hit it with the Sealact as prescribed to remove the smear? I find that to be the trickiest part, to remove the smear without removing paint from the divot. To make that easier Ive seen some methods where a good amount of wax is applied surrounding the divot to make it easier to remove the smear with Sealact without having to rub so hard yielding a better chance for the paint to remain in the divot.