c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
C1pher, what is your trick? I love Dr Colorchip and they do a great job in paint matching. But even though it makes rock chips harder to see, in some lighting, you can easily tell the touchups are there, not because of a color mismatch, but because the touchup doesnt completely fill the divot and you can see the difference in paint levels.. . IOW, you can easily tell there's a divot there even though the color matches..

So, is your 'trick' anything more than applying loads and loads of paint-sealact-remove cycles? (which can be very time consuming but ultimately yield better results)
Somewhat accurate. I first make sure everything is wax free, using soap and alcohol to ensure, I’m down to the paint in the actual hole. Then I put some paint in the hole, trying to cover with the smallest brush, then put some paint to the side of the hole. I use the silicone squeegee to slide that paint across the hole. Then I let dry as usual. Normally I do pretty good with completely filling the divot. However, if I don’t, I repeat the process a second time.

On solid paints, you can get 99.5%, with metallic I’d say more like 95% just simply because of the metal flake pattern and how it was applied from the factory cannot be matched. The only way to really do that is to repaint the whole panel but then of course you will see the panel not blend with the other panels lol.
Appreciate 2
boostm3683.00
CSBM52722.50