05-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #49
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNerd View Post

My point is, this thread is mostly about how people love a manual 6 speed. You want to compare using the DCT in auto mode vs the ZF8 in auto mode.

I think most enthusiasts, if they care about being in control of the car, are driving in manual mode, not pondering which auto mode program is better.
Sigh. I'm not even sure what's the point of your point, as this thread is all about the M2C vs the new Toyota Supra not a transmission argument. I think that the majority of auto owners still end up driving in auto mode a lot. I know this because in my VW Golf R years I was involved in several discussions of owners criticizing the DSG programming for their normal and sport modes being set up for extremes. Are there owners that use the paddles almost exclusively? Sure there probably are but they aren't the majority in the big picture. Let's not pretend we all spend every weekend at the track because the truth is that few of these cars ever end up there and even at that most drivers will get quicker times in sport mode at the track compared to shifting themselves as take a look at videos for pro drivers getting top times in cars like the GT2 RS around the ring and you won't see them using the paddles much at all as they let the PDK do a lot of the shifting to get the best times.

Can we move past sidetracking this thread to a place that's just not fitting of the intent of the thread?
Appreciate 0