View Single Post
      04-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #169
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Thanks for this. I'll review that document. One last question; does Sport+ engage "Traction MDM" mode or is this always a separate individual function? If you have to engage it separately when in Sport+ do you still get the loudness of Sport+ and also the extra pops and gurgles of the Traction mode?
I believe Sport + also has MDM mode on. To get traction off you have to long hold the traction button which put's you into a separate mode which is like Sport settings but no traction control. Feels to me though like it holds gears longer like sport+ though if in D with DCT, but that could just be how it feels to me.

It's sort of intuitiveness because there is a mode selector with 3 options, comfort, sport, sport+ Then a separate button that seems like it would then modify the traction options, but that's not how it is. The traction button basically accesses two other modes for a total of 5 modes. 6 if you count traction/MDM + sequential for louder exhaust pops, but that doesn't change the cars driving character.

It's more like comfort, sport, sport+ (with MDM traction), traction/MDM (with comfort throttle), traction off (sport throttle and steering). I think that's correct...
Appreciate 0